Job Title: Charity Development, Marketing & Events Officer, Part time (16 hours per week)
Position reports to: General Manager
Job Purpose: To support the Directors and General Manager in raising awareness of the work of Plymouth Highbury Trust and the profile of the charity. To organise and attend events to achieve the above and research and develop new donors.
• Researching new funders, trusts, corporate etc and apply for grants and sustainable funding.
• Promote and publicise the work of Plymouth Highbury Trust to the general public,
potential donors & partners and community groups.
• Design and develop marketing material (Review, and quarterly newsletters).
• Follow up initial contacts & opportunities made by other members of the Trust.
• To work with other charities and organisations to promote and develop the
work of the Trust.
• To continually evaluate and improve the Trust’s fund-raising strategy
• Assist Service Managers with funding bids specific to their service.
• Any other appropriate duties to fulfil the Trust’s objectives.
• A self-motivated & enthusiastic person with a degree of flexibility is needed to fulfil this role, supporting the Directors & General Manager in promoting the activities of Plymouth Highbury Trust. The successful applicant will be expected to occasionally work unsocial hours and weekends to support fund raising events.
• Computer literate having a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Able to work on own and on own initiative
• Have experience of preparing both capital and revenue funding applications
• Be articulate and have sound knowledge of English language
• Be a confident face to face communicator
• Be flexible and be able to work unsocial hours when required
• Have experience in dealing with the media
• Comfortable speaking at public events
• Proven track record in the role of fundraising
• Hold a clean driving licence
• Be willing to undertake a DBS check
• Salary: £10,000 per annum
• 28 days annual holiday including bank holidays with length of service increase
• Pension Scheme
• Mileage for own car usage on Trust business at the mileage rate of 40p per mile. Employee’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is insured for business use.
Please download and complete our application form and send it to: